Thursday 5 February 2015

Day 2 - Sydney

5/2/2015

Had a great sleep last night.I fell asleep so early, probably about 9:30pm and woke up at 7am. The sleep was definitely needed! Caught a train with a girl in my room, Carolina, and we went to Circular Quay. Quick note: the trains here are double decked and you can move the backs of the seats so you can face a different direction. Craziness. This place blows my mind. Anyway, Circular Quay, we walked around Sydney Opera House and it's just as pretty and just as huge as you would expect.






Also, Sydney Harbour Bridge is huge! 




We still had the whole day so Carolina and I decided to go to Sydney Wildlife Zoo. We caught a train back to Town Hall and walked to Sydney Wildlife. To say it was amazing would be an understatement. Koalas, wallabies, echidnas, kangaroos, kookaburra, alligator etc. (used to sing a song about a kookaburra when I was a kid so I got a little bit excited when I saw one in real life. Yes I'm sad). 

Carolina carried on to the Sydney Aquarium and I went to grab some lunch, headed back to Circular Quay in time for the Sydney Harbour Bridge climb. Got to the bridge climb, checked in, put on a rather snazzy ninja suit and headed on up the bridge. I'll tell you this, it's high. Dad, your fear of heights would defintely be tested. The view was spectacular. Walking up, it was still quite light and when we reached the top it eas getting darker. The city lights were turning on and it looked absolutely amazing. We saw a peek of the sunset through the clouds which was beautiful and then we walked on down the bridge. I took a slow walk back round Circular Quay and saw Sydney Opera House all lit up as well as the bridge. It was beautiful.


So pretty! One of the best sights I've ever seen! It definitely looks better at night. It's now 11pm and I'm shattered. Tomorrow is another busy day as it's my last day in Sydney and I want to squeeze in Bondi beach and Manly Beach. I'm going to be boring and go to sleep. 

Ciao - x




No comments:

Post a Comment