Wednesday 4 February 2015

Day 1 - Arrival!

4/2/15

I’m pretty exhausted right now. *No, no, I’ll be fine. I won’t get jet lag!* Famous last words.
The journey from Dubai to Sydney took F O R E V E R and I mean forever! I keep thinking “I’ll never get there. I’m going to be stuck on this plane for life!”
I had a whole row to myself flying to Dubai, then an old Brummie couple sat next tp me from Dubai to Sydney. They kept asking me if I wanted anything “a drink? No? Biscuit?” It was cute. They probably thought I was a lot younger than I actually am. No surprise there really.


This was my glimpse of Dubai.





Stunning, right? I will visit Dubai one day.


I napped on the plane for a little while but I couldn't sleep for longer than 2 hours at a time, whereas the guy in front of me pushed his chair back and fell asleep from start to finish. Lucky sod.


My room at the WakeUp! Sydney hostel





Had the best shower of my life when I arrived at the hostel. 22 hour flight all packed together like sardines is not very pleasant. Got a shuttle bus from Sydney airport to the hostel which was quicker than getting a train and I’ve just walked around Chinatown, which is completely different to the one in London, like, theres an adult shop on every corner. So many nice places to eat though, so that was fab.
I really need to take a nap now as I think jet lag is kicking in but I’m determined to keep going till tonight so I can kick jet lags butt!


Ciao - x

No comments:

Post a Comment