Friday 6 February 2015

Day 3 - Last day in Sydney

6/2/2015


Something that weirds me out about Australia is they give you hot drinks, like a hot chocolate with your breakfast, in a tumbler. Yes the hot chocolate may be fab, but burning my fingers off through the glass is not fab. So, double decked trains with moving seat backs and hot drinks in glass. Weird.
Anyway, today at about 11am I got a train to Circular Quay (again) and caught a ferry over to Manly. I heard great things about Manly so I thought I’d check it out. The ferry only takes about 15-20 minutes. I spent an hour walking around the town, checking out different shops and they seem to have an ice cream shop or gelato shop on every corner. One I know you’ll love, Mum, Guylian ice cream. It looked so yummy! I sat on the beach sunbathing and thought about home as I’d seen pictures of snow and I’m on a beach in 28 degree heat, drinking a slush, watching people surf, paddle board and play cricket. I’m not jealous of you guys at home at all! I fell asleep on the beach for about 2.5 hours and did I have sunscreen on? No. No I did not. Lobster legs are not a good look, trust me.


Just look at Manly!







Definitely one of my favourite places! I found out that the Australian Open of Surf was happening on the 7th and I’m slightly bummed that I have to miss it. That would have been great to watch! I caught the ferry back to Circular Quay and the sea was quite choppy, that mixed with too much sun is never a good combination. Caught another train to Bondi Junction only for it to sit at the station for half an hour because of a broken down train in front. Sounds like home.


Finally got to Bondi and it’s breathtaking!




Bondi and Manly have fast become two of my favourite places. One day I’ll come back and spend more time here. It’s safe to say I’ve had the best time in Sydney and I’m sad to leave but I’m also excited to move on to the next place!


Ciao - x

No comments:

Post a Comment