Tuesday 10 February 2015

Day 7 - Crossing the border to Queensland

10/2/15

Woke up with a slight hangover this morning. Sign of  good night, aye? Shame it was another early start, but early mornings mean jam packed days and thats what I love. We left NSW behind and entered Queensland. The first stop in Qld was springbrook national park. We had a 45 minute walk through the rainforest which was beautiful, had clear water, a waterfall, a cave full of bats and so many different and beautiful trees.



We left springbrook and headed off to Surfers Paradise. We checked in to a great hotel and then had a few free hours so Nat, Aaron, Tony, Claire, Kath, Christina, Lucy, Brandon, Braden and I went to a bar, bearing in mind it's only 11am at this point. Living that Aussie life! We left the bar, walked down the town centre and saw this lovely sight!

The famous Surfers Paradise sign!


I've been looking forward to seeing this sign for so long. We all walked along the beach and Claire, Brandon and I decided to go up the Q1 tower which is the tallest building in Australia and the Southern Hemisphere. You can get a 360 view of the Gold Coast from up there and the views are incredible.



Brandon is so terrified of heights and he was trying to get a picture of him and the view in the background and he was slowly edging backwards and holding onto the pillar. Didn't matter that there were windows stopping him from falling, he had to grab on to something. Was an hilarious sight and kinda adorable at the same time.
We left the Q1 building and went back to our hotel to get ready for dinner. Helen, Lou and I were getting ready, Olly, Tom and Dec were drinking on the balcony and then all of a sudden, Helen stares at the wall and says "Oh, cockroach". Well, I took one look at this massive cockroach crawling up the wall and I shot outside to the balcony. Lou didnt even look at it before she screamed and legged it from the room. Luckily the guys were on the balcony and came in to see what was going on. Olly and Dec try to get rid of it, Tom comes out to the balcony and says "if it comes near me, I'm hiding behind you". Somehow, I dont think so Tom!
Olly and Dec get rid of it with a few OH MY GODs chucked in and we got back to getting ready. We all go to the Helm Bar next door to the hotel and had this amazing steak and then onto the bowling alley. I was tragic at bowling until I got the hang of it, Tony was great and Helen was incredible. She doesn't need the bumpers like I do. The game finished and Brandon decided to teach me how to play pool, I lost by a mile! We all then moved onto a bar called The Avenue where they had live music. We had a great crowd out that night and we all had such good and slightly merry time. Couldn't tell you what time we left so I'm guessing that's a sign of a good night?





Ciao -x-

No comments:

Post a Comment