Thursday 19 February 2015

Day 16 - Great Barrier Reef

19/2/15

Up at 6 (seriously? Is there another lie in any time soon?) We left the hotel at 7am and walked to Passions of Paradise to go on our Great Barrier Reef trip YAAASSSSS!
We got on a catamaran which was ridiculously cool as it had two of those hammock things at the front! Spent most of the time lying on them on the journey to and from the reef.



It's not the best picture but still, it's a fab boat.
It took about an hour and a half - two hours to get to the great barrier reef, perfect tanning time. We had a health and safety talk and got shown how to use the oxygen masks by our very funny diving instructor called Russel. If you ever go scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef with Passions of Paradise and Russel is on your boat, you will never be short of a laugh. The man is hilarious!

LOOK AT THIS!!
So blue, so tranquil, SO BEAUTIFUL!

If I could live on this catamaran on the Great Barrier Reef for the rest of my life, I would die extremely happy.

Here's me scuba diving (with Lou in the background)
Don't I look happy! (Did someone say fish lips?)

Afterwards, I fell asleep on the hammocks and I got burnt. Always seems to happen, damn english skin, or the fact I actually loathe suncream (ew). Let's go with being an english rose.
We got back to Cairns at about 5pm-ish and got ready for a meal out with the rest of the East Coast crew *sobbing* We went to Rattle n Hum and had a fab meal then we all went on to The Woolshed bar/pub and all got slightly merry as the girlsgot free champagne! Got back to the hotel at 4:30am (oops) and straight to bed as I've go my bungee jump tomorrow. I thought this out well, didn't I?


Ciao for now -x-

No comments:

Post a Comment